Friday 5 May 2017

How To Stop Drug Addiction?

Contents1 Twelve years passed and still, nothing happened.2 For some reason, the enabler is under the illusion that they are in control and are able to help their partner. The only advice I wanted to hear from my therapist and other people who surrounded us was, “I can fix my husband’s addiction.” I wanted others to support my belief that living peacefully with an addict is still possible. I wanted someone to tell me that I am what he needs to change. When it comes to addiction, enabling may have a negative connotation. Enabling refers to the dysfunctional way of helping others. An article titled the “8 Signs You Are A Co-addict” discussed the different types of enabling as well as the consequences of each. So, how can you stop the “enabling” acts and move on towards a healthier you and a healthier relationship? The people around us started suggesting that I may have issues and that leaving my husband is a better solution. How mortifying! I could not stand the thought of living without him, so I disregarded all those well-meaning suggestions and continued to hope that someday, something would change him. Twelve years passed and still, nothing happened.....

How To Stop Drug Addiction? is courtesy of RehabNear.me



from
http://www.rehabnear.me/stop-drug-addiction/

No comments:

Post a Comment